Algerian and Pakistani face terror charges as being ISIS cell behind Paris attacks which killed 130


French police have filed terrorist charges today against two men suspected of being part of the same ISIS cell behind the massacre of 130 people in Paris in November.

A 29-year-old Algerian, Adel Haddadi, and Mohamad Usman, 35, from Pakistan, have been charged with ‘criminal conspiracy with terrorists’.

Both men are believed to have been extradited to France from Austria.

A source close to the investigation said Haddadi ‘was meant to take part in the Paris killings with his travelling companions.’

Investigators believe Haddadi and Usman travelled to the Greek island of Leros on October 3 on the same refugee boat as two men who took part in the November 13 attacks.

The killers, thought to be Iraqis, blew themselves up outside the Stade de France during a France v Germany friendly match, one of a series of brazen assaults by around 10 people around the French capital.

Nine terrorists, including the mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud, were killed on November 13 or in a shootout with police in St Denis a few days later.

Two other men, Salah Abdeslam and Mohamed Abrini, have since been arrested and are awaiting trial for their part in the attacks.

Haddadi and Usman had been detained by Greek authorities for 25 days because they had fake Syrian passports.

They were then apparently freed, rather than being deported back to Turkey, and made their way by stealth to Salzburg in Austria a few weeks after the Paris attacks.

In December Haddadi and Usman were arrested by Austrian police, acting on a warrant from the French authorities.

After his arrest Haddadi apparently told investigators he had planned to go to France to ‘carry out a mission’.

Usman was allegedly a bomb maker in his native Pakistan for extremist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba.

India claims Lashkar-e-Taiba was responsible for the attacks in 2008 in Mumbai that killed 166 people.

Usman was extradited from Austria despite claiming he would not get a fair trial in France and feared for his safety.

Salzburg prosecutors said today two more men, a Moroccan and an Algerian arrested eight days after the others, remain in custody.


Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Social…